Head Coach Comings & Goings

• 2 weeks later...

The St. Paul Swordsmen of Santa Fe Springs California are searching for a new head football coach after they let Swordsman alumnus Rick Zepeda go.

Zepeda was hired at St. Paul in 2013 and compiled a 55-51 overall record. In addition to reaching the CIF-SS playoffs five times, the Swordsmen won three league titles during Zepeda’s tenure. In 2019, they advanced to the CIF-SS Division 5 championship game, where they lost to Aquinas, 21-16.

St. Paul was 4-6 this past season and missed the playoffs. But a year prior, the Swordsmen were 8-3 and shared the Angelus League title. They lost to Upland in the first round of the Division 4 playoffs that season.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2023/02/10/st-paul-fires-football-coach-rick-zepeda-explaining-that-it-is-moving-in-a-different-direction/

I wonder if Sammy Swordsman is interested. 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

The St. Paul Swordsmen of Santa Fe Springs California are searching for a new head football coach after they let Swordsman alumnus Rick Zepeda go.

Zepeda was hired at St. Paul in 2013 and compiled a 55-51 overall record. In addition to reaching the CIF-SS playoffs five times, the Swordsmen won three league titles during Zepeda’s tenure. In 2019, they advanced to the CIF-SS Division 5 championship game, where they lost to Aquinas, 21-16.

St. Paul was 4-6 this past season and missed the playoffs. But a year prior, the Swordsmen were 8-3 and shared the Angelus League title. They lost to Upland in the first round of the Division 4 playoffs that season.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2023/02/10/st-paul-fires-football-coach-rick-zepeda-explaining-that-it-is-moving-in-a-different-direction/

@Sammy Swordsman

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:26 PM, Professor Fate said:

Yes Sammy knows and was pissed off when he found out.

SP schedules Amat and Servite in '23 then fires a great man/coach who did very well considering the talent pool he had to work with.  CIF runner up in 2019, 5 playoff appearances and 3 league championships in 10 years.   Pretty darn good resume.

Sammy thinks the AD is on a power trip.   Principal is all about Fund raising.  Sammy thinks the Principal (non SP guy) wants a coach who can fund raise better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Yes Sammy knows and was pissed off when he found out.

SP schedules Amat and Servite in '23 then fires a great man/coach who did very well considering the talent pool he had to work with.  CIF runner up in 2019, 5 playoff appearances and 3 league championships in 10 years.   Pretty darn good resume.

Sammy thinks the AD is on a power trip.   Principal is all about Fund raising.  Sammy thinks the Principal (non SP guy) wants a coach who can fund raise better.

Yeah, I agree that he has done pretty darn good work. Certainly not a record to be fired over. I was sure there had to be more to it. I'll bet Servite could find a place for him.

On 2/13/2023 at 11:26 PM, Professor Fate said:

On 2/16/2023 at 7:51 PM, Professor Fate said:

Yeah, I agree that he has done pretty darn good work. Certainly not a record to be fired over. I was sure there had to be more to it. I'll bet Servite could find a place for him.

Servite and St. Paul currently....smh

Vatican-Pope-Black-smoke-3-13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Seems like a good coach with an active social media presence.  SP is hoping he will be able to "attract" some good athletes as the program wants to become somewhat relevant in the area.   Scheduled the Amat Lancers and Servite this year so we'll see.

Moschetti will schedule anybody. Even when La Mirada was totally overmatched, he still scheduled Mater Dei. I would love to see St Paul rejuvenated and rekindle a CLASSIC Angelus League rivalry with MD. 

• Like 2