Florida News

On 10/27/2022 at 1:01 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I can dig it. It much harder to do a top 50 and than top 25. 

On 10/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Columbiafan said:

Gonna go ahead and post the top 50 

The other portion of the rankings will be back next week 

I'll have a ranking next week, before the first round of the playoffs and one after the state finals IMG_20221024_212044.thumb.png.7fdf12bbcdae9c0af95c244f11235253.png

IMG_20221024_212107.thumb.png.cbf0bb8b951e81424135c39a43e3dc51.png 

@Nolebull813 this is pretty uncommon but it appears all 25 teams in my top 25 won this past week so I won't have to make any changes to the top half 

Week 10 rankings. I’m gonna be honest. I was lazy this week. Everyone who played, won except Raines. So I’m just moving everyone up 1 spot and adding CCC to number 25 this week. Lol. 

Miami Central 

2. Chaminade 

3. STA 

4. AHP

5. Edgewater 

6. Columbus 

7. Lakeland 

8. Cardinal Gibbons 

9. Seminole 

10. Venice 

11. Jones 

12. Bartram Trail

13. Osceola 

14. Jax TC 

15. Cardinal Newman

16. Pine Forest 

17. TBT 

18. Homestead 

19. MNW

20. Rockledge

21. BTW

22. Dillard

23. FL High

24. Buchholz

25. CCC

2022 Florida Top 25 Post Week 10 Ranking 792 Sports

1 Miami Central (9-0) (1)   

2 Chaminade Madonna (8-0) (2)  

3 St Thomas Aquinas (9-0) (3)  

4 American Heritage Plantation (9-1) (4)    

5 Edgewater (9-0) (5)  

6 Orlando Jones (7-2) (6)  

7 Lakeland (8-0) (7)   

8 Miami Columbus (9-1) (8)  

9 Trinity Christian (9-0) (9)  

10 Cardinal Gibbons (9-1) (10)  

11 Osceola (5-3) (12) +1

12 Venice (5-2) (13) +1

13 Rockledge (7-1) (14) +1

14 Cocoa (5-3) (15) +1

15 Apopka (7-2) (25) +10

16 Sanford Seminole (8-2) (11) -5

17 Cardinal Newman (9-0) (16) -1

18 Homestead (6-2) (17) -1

19 Bartram Trail (9-0) (18) -1

20 Dillard (6-3) (19) -1

21 Miami Booker T Washington (6-2) (20) -1

22 Miami Northwestern (5-4) (21) -1

23 Florida High (9-0) (22) -1

24 Pine Forest (9-0) (23) -1

25 Tampa Bay Tech (8-2) (24) -1

NOTE: these games yesterday haven't been calculated yet, I'm only applying it based on the results up to Tuesday of this week, any game played after Tuesday will be accounted towards the next week rankings

Edited by Columbiafan

Final regular season rankings. @Columbiafan

1. Miami Central (even)

2. Chaminade (even)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Edgewater (even)

6. Columbus (even)

7. Lakeland (even)

8. Cardinal Gibbons (even)

9. Jones (+2)

10. Bartram Trail (+2)

11. Osceola (+2)

12. TC (+2)

13. Cardinal Newman (+2)

14. Pine Forest (+2)

15. TBT (+2)

16. Venice (-6)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Homestead (even)

19. MNW (even)

20. BTW (+1)

21. Cocoa (NR)

22. FL High (+1)

23. CCC (+2)

24. Apopka (NR)

25. Vero (NR)

dropped out #20 Rockledge, #22 Dillard and #24 Buchholz

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

1. Miami Central (even)

2. Chaminade (even)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Edgewater (even)

6. Columbus (even)

7. Lakeland (even)

9. Jones (+2)

10. Bartram Trail (+2)

11. Osceola (+2)

12. TC (+2)

13. Cardinal Newman (+2)

14. Pine Forest (+2)

15. TBT (+2)

16. Venice (-6)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Homestead (even)

19. MNW (even)

20. BTW (+1)

21. Cocoa (NR)

22. FL High (+1)

23. CCC (+2)

24. Apopka (NR)

25. Vero (NR)

How & why did Dillard drop out ? The game didn’t even finish. This is blasphemous to me. There was no winner or no loser it was a no contest & the third quarter was just starting & we had the ball on elys 30 yard line. SMH. You’ve always been quick to throw Dillard out the top 25 without even watching any of our games.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

1. Miami Central (even)

2. Chaminade (even)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Edgewater (even)

6. Columbus (even)

7. Lakeland (even)

9. Jones (+2)

10. Bartram Trail (+2)

11. Osceola (+2)

12. TC (+2)

13. Cardinal Newman (+2)

14. Pine Forest (+2)

15. TBT (+2)

16. Venice (-6)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Homestead (even)

19. MNW (even)

20. BTW (+1)

21. Cocoa (NR)

22. FL High (+1)

23. CCC (+2)

24. Apopka (NR)

25. Vero (NR)

We’re ranked #9 in the state by maxpreps but yet couldn’t even make your top 25 when you know dam well 25 teams in Florida is not better then Dillard but aye it’s cool tho we will do our talking in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

We’re ranked #9 in the state by maxpreps but yet couldn’t even make your top 25 when you know dam well 25 teams in Florida is not better then Dillard but aye it’s cool tho we will do our talking in the playoffs.

They are ranked 9 because they have a tough schedule. Ely was controlling the game before it was cancelled. I don’t trust Dillard due to their lack of discipline. That’s on the coaching. I want to like Dillard. They are just making it hard on themselves. I want to see a complete game against a good team. Miramar and Plantation are decent, but Ely was supposed to be the headline win. Dillard can skyrocket up the rankings fast with the wins in the playoffs. Be patient. Dillard is right at the cut off of the rankings and quite a bit of teams at the bottom all play losable games. If Dillard beats whoever they play in the 1st round and then Ely, I’m sure they will be top 20. And if they beat Aquinas they will be top 15 and they win again top 10 and then win state top 5. 

be patient and let them earn it 

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are ranked 9 because they have a tough schedule. Ely was controlling the game before it was cancelled. I don’t trust Dillard due to their lack of discipline. That’s on the coaching. I want to like Dillard. They are just making it hard on themselves. I want to see a complete game against a good team. Miramar and Plantation are decent, but Ely was supposed to be the headline win. Dillard can skyrocket up the rankings fast with the wins in the playoffs. Be patient. Dillard is right at the cut off of the rankings and quite a bit of teams at the bottom all play losable games. If Dillard beats whoever they play in the 1st round and then Ely, I’m sure they will be top 20. And if they beat Aquinas they will be top 15 and they win again top 10 and then win state top 5. 

What do you mean let them earn it ? Venice just lost to a team they were favored by 10 to beat. but yet they’re still in. 

& you’re saying ely was suppose to be our “HEADLINE WIN” again you’re talking like Dillard lost the dam game. The REFS stopped the game because of chaos that erupted in the stands. So let me get this str8 dillard is being punished in your rankings because ely was ahead by 2 points in a HEATED rival game where records go out the window. 

you know I respect you but your lack of knowledge when it comes to south Florida football shows. It’s CLEAR you don’t watch any of our games. 

You talk about lack of discipline & that’s why u don’t trust us. YOU DONT EVEN WATCH OUR GAMES! What are you saying ???

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You say play a full game and beat a good team , then WTF is Miramar whose 8-1 with 5 shut outs on their resume & will be in the regional finals at least with their only lost coming to Dillard 35-7

wtf is plantation whose record 7-3 with their biggest lost coming to Dillard 42-6

at any chance you get you’re ready to remove Dillard from the rankings but has B.S excuses why you keep a plethora of other teams in who have no business being there. 

how do you knock a team out of the rankings when the game was called a no contest which was out of the team and coaches control. You talk like we lost the dam game. It was the beginning of the third quarter Dillard had the ball & was on elys 30 yard line with momentum. A football game is 4 quarters NOT Two. SMFH.

11 minutes ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

You say play a full game and beat a good team , then WTF is Miramar whose 8-1 with 5 shut outs on their resume & will be in the regional finals at least with their only lost coming to Dillard 35-7

wtf is plantation whose record 7-3 with their biggest lost coming to Dillard 42-6

at any chance you get you’re ready to remove Dillard from the rankings but has B.S excuses why you keep a plethora of other teams in who have no business being there. 

how do you knock a team out of the rankings when the game was called a no contest which was out of the team and coaches control. You talk like we lost the dam game. It was the beginning of the third quarter Dillard had the ball & was on elys 30 yard line with momentum. A football game is 4 quarters NOT Two. SMFH.

Miramars schedule is horrible. They have no marquee wins. The record doesn’t mean much. There is nothing to suggest that Miramar is a good team. How in the heck did they manage to avoid playing all the top Broward teams? and Dade for that matter. Ain’t they on the border? 

Let’s take a step back and let Dillard breath. Let them earn it. No more cancellations. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Miramars schedule is horrible. They have no marquee wins. The record doesn’t mean much. There is nothing to suggest that Miramar is a good team. How in the heck did they manage to avoid playing all the top Broward teams? and Dade for that matter. Ain’t they on the border? 

Let’s take a step back and let Dillard breath. Let them earn it. No more cancellations. 

You’re still not saying how did you justify removing them you had them outside your top 25 then you put them back in. 

my question to you , how can you remove them without them even losing ?, then your reasoning is to say “this was suppose to be their marquee win” & their undisciplined is why you can’t trust them , “WHAT!?” You do not even watch our games. 

if you didn’t move us up or down , I can understand that. We didn’t win or lose. But to drop us out because our game got called a no contest which was not our fault is wack as hell to me bro & there is no reason to justify that. 

10 minutes ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

You’re still not saying how did you justify removing them you had them outside your top 25 then you put them back in. 

my question to you , how can you remove them without them even losing ?, then your reasoning is to say “this was suppose to be their marquee win” & their undisciplined is why you can’t trust them , “WHAT!?” You do not even watch our games. 

if you didn’t move us up or down , I can understand that. We didn’t win or lose. But to drop us out because our game got called a no contest which was not our fault is wack as hell to me bro & there is no reason to justify that. 

He's removed teams for barely escaping teams ranked below them 

I've had teams fall out of top 25 this year for same reason because like you see in the AP poll every year teams don't just drop when they lose 

As for a team dropping even though the game was called it most certainly can be justified if viewed from the idea that Dillard being as highly ranked as they are shouldn't have been close or trailing Ely through half the game, even if Dillard had scored right before it got called to put them slightly ahead they weren't playing like a top 25 team through that point of the game 

Dillard and Ely should both win the opening round game so they will get to face off in round 2 so it will get settled on the field at the end of the day but maybe Dillard will use that wake-up call and go for blood in the game instead of letting Ely stick around

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He's removed teams for barely escaping teams ranked below them 

I've had teams fall out of top 25 this year for same reason because like you see in the AP poll every year teams don't just drop when they lose 

As for a team dropping even though the game was called it most certainly can be justified if viewed from the idea that Dillard being as highly ranked as they are shouldn't have been close or trailing Ely through half the game, even if Dillard had scored right before it got called to put them slightly ahead they weren't playing like a top 25 team through that point of the game 

Dillard and Ely should both win the opening round game so they will get to face off in round 2 so it will get settled on the field at the end of the day but maybe Dillard will use that wake-up call and go for blood in the game instead of letting Ely stick around

How familiar are you with heated rival games ? When you face off records go out the window. Anybody that has played the game knows that. 

that’s like the jets beating the bulls Sunday. Everyone had the bills as the favorite. Even have them as the odds to win the Super Bowl , but yet they lost. 

look at the LSU & BAMA , lsu were the clear underdogs but that’s a heated rival game & they showed up & won. 

Miami central & northwestern, there was PLENTY times Miami northwestern went toe to toe with central in a down year & was suppose to be blown out even winning the game some of those years. 

ely came in undefeated with a lot to prove vs their most hated rival. So Dillard gets penalized because the game was close in the first half ? LMAO LOL 😂 that’s ass backwards! That’s called a good ass game between two good ass teams who happens to also be hated rivals. But aye y’all got it. 

9 minutes ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

How familiar are you with heated rival games ? When you face off records go out the window. Anybody that has played the game knows that. 

that’s like the jets beating the bulls Sunday. Everyone had the bills as the favorite. Even have them as the odds to win the Super Bowl , but yet they lost. 

look at the LSU & BAMA , lsu were the clear underdogs but that’s a heated rival game & they showed up & won. 

Miami central & northwestern, there was PLENTY times Miami northwestern went toe to toe with central in a down year & was suppose to be blown out even winning the game some of those years. 

ely came in undefeated with a lot to prove vs their most hated rival. So Dillard gets penalized because the game was close in the first half ? LMAO LOL 😂 that’s ass backwards! That’s called a good ass game between two good ass teams who happens to also be hated rivals. But aye y’all got it. 

I was at the Jets game on Sunday, and I knew the Jets would win!! J-E-T-S!!!!!

On 11/5/2022 at 5:33 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

A lot of flags so far 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:33 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Dillard just got to settle down their to hyped 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:34 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Another flag on Dillard dillardbstarting deep in their own territory smh 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Another flag on Dillard chop block wow 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:43 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

9 flags on Dillard 0 on ely 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:48 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Dillard need to shake this rust off and wake the hell up! Despite the horrible calling 

On 11/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Another penalty on Dillard their 10th 

On 11/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

I can’t believe this Dillard turned it over in the end zone by throwing a interception 1st down ely 

None of this sounds like a top 25 team especially when you have no marquee wins. When you have no big time wins, you gotta make these type of games count. DillardFan made fun of Ely for not playing anybody, but the same can be said for Miramar. Miramar lost to the only good team on the schedule. 

3 hours ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Our rival sucks and people thought them playing us close for a half in a PRESEASON game meant that we were shit 

If Dillard is a threat to STA then no they shouldn't struggle with a relatively untested Ely team but again win this week and you get Ely in round 2 so we will see what happens in a full game

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 8:50 AM, Nolebull813 said:

1. Miami Central (even)

2. Chaminade (even)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Edgewater (even)

6. Columbus (even)

7. Lakeland (even)

9. Jones (+2)

10. Bartram Trail (+2)

11. Osceola (+2)

12. TC (+2)

13. Cardinal Newman (+2)

14. Pine Forest (+2)

15. TBT (+2)

16. Venice (-6)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Homestead (even)

19. MNW (even)

20. BTW (+1)

21. Cocoa (NR)

22. FL High (+1)

23. CCC (+2)

24. Apopka (NR)

25. Vero (NR)

@Horsefly Check out #5 in the above poll. You're one of the most uninformed posters when it comes to intelligence outside of their own state. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Horsefly Check out #5 in the above poll. You're one of the most uninformed posters when it comes to intelligence outside of their own state. 

This is a state ranking. That doesn’t validate their close games that I’ve listed before.,way too many to be top 25 NATIONALLY.  SMH  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

This is a state ranking. That doesn’t validate their close games that I’ve listed before.,way too many to be top 25 NATIONALLY.  SMH  

So why does the HSFBA poll also have Edgewater in their T25? Also, Margin of Victory means NOTHING to us national pollsters accept for some rivalry games.