2023 Broward County National Football Showcase (Aug 24-26, 2023)

15 hours ago, RocNation said:

I mean I’m a Central Rocket so my opinion might not count but it’s football and giving that team or any team a chance to show up and or get better is great…kicking them out because they lost don’t really sit right they hung in there with an decent elite team in my opinion 

It may be that stranahan knows without the 5* they won't be able to compete in the event next year 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

CG is a top team in GA!! Dominates 3A and has significant OOS wins under its belt. 

Who have they beaten OOS that is on par with the top Broward teams returning?

I remember Cedar Grove, we offered them a fair stipend to play Columbia a few years ago then they got an attitude and told us to double it like they expected us to set them up in a f'n Hilton for the game 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I remember Cedar Grove, we offered them a fair stipend to play Columbia a few years ago then they got an attitude and told us to double it like they expected us to set them up in a f'n Hilton for the game 

We offered them the same amount that we offered Pine Forest that year who had a much larger roster and the travel distance was similar

Cedar Grove just expected us to pamper them and give them some ridiculous amount of money when they probably wouldn't have even brought 100 fans to Lake City had we played them 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Playing at SJC this season. Also beat VC in Colorado. They'd be favored over Stranahan, Western and Dillard. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Playing at SJC this season. Also beat VC in Colorado. They'd be favored over Stranahan, Western and Dillard. 

Valor Christian never really plays anyone just like much of Colorado, cherry creek seems to be an outlier on playing tough competition so respect to them 

Stranahan I agree 

Western I would say toss up this year and I would lean Dillard

Maybe If Cedar Grove looks good against SJC I'll change my mind but I need to see more than beating a Colorado team that usually plays nobodies before I'm impressed

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Valor Christian never really plays anyone just like much of Colorado, cherry creek seems to be an outlier on playing tough competition so respect to them 

Stranahan I agree 

Western I would say toss up this year and I would lean Dillard

Maybe If Cedar Grove looks good against SJC I'll change my mind but I need to see more than beating a Colorado team that usually plays nobodies before I'm impressed

I expect them to show well at #11 SJC. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Get a few Miami Dade County Schools(MC, MNW, Columbus, and BTW) involved and change the name to South Florida vs USA. Add Traz Powell Stadium as another venue. 

MNW isn't considered trustworthy enough to be involved after the STA back out last year 

Though I would like to see the other 3 involved

On 9/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, MC ROCKETS said:

Get a few Miami Dade County Schools(MC, MNW, Columbus, and BTW) involved and change the name to South Florida vs USA. Add Traz Powell Stadium as another venue. 

Broward won't allow it. Dade will have to create its own event. And PGL will NOT work with any Dade publics except MC.