BC 28 at Saguaro 7 Final

2 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

who is part of that consensus? Name them. Yes they had a good rb but Edgewater is not hanging 34 on BC.

Consensus is just things that you say, a word or idea you throw around.  Maybe GSB agrees with me.  I have no idea.  

that RB is the best since Dickerson 

1 minute ago, Testadura said:

Consensus is just things that you say, a word or idea you throw around.  Maybe GSB agrees with me.  I have no idea.  

that RB is the best since Dickerson 

lol  I love your facetious remarks on this board..time will tell. That is the great thing about all of this, the games will be played and the arguments will be settled on the field.

1 hour ago, MickeyBern said:

lol  I love your facetious remarks on this board..time will tell. That is the great thing about all of this, the games will be played and the arguments will be settled on the field.

Spoke to Coach Sabella this week. He was disappointed as he truly felt DBP was the better team down in Edgewater. This unexpected wake-up call will undoubdtedly fuel DBP going forward. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Spoke to Coach Sabella this week. He was disappointed as he truly felt DBP was the better team. This unexpected wake-up call will undoubdtedly fuel DBP going forward. 

look I view it from this perspective, The Bosco O had an off night and I believe they will right that ship but to me it is the defense that should be concerning. The secondary was expected to be the weak area but the front 7 was supposed to be relatively solid and they were exposed, not just by the great rb but by the Edgewater o-line. As a BC guy I saw this movie all to often during the Nunzio years, great & dynamic O and losing games because the D got gashed over and over. Tomorrow night I think is a huge test, SJR has proven they can & will score plenty of points, can the DBP D slow them down? Sabella is a great coach & adjustments will be made, the question is does he have the horses for those adjustments to be effective. BNU04 was seemingly right when he stated in the preseason that he felt Bosco lacked the athletes.

16 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

look I view it from this perspective, The Bosco O had an off night and I believe they will right that ship but to me it is the defense that should be concerning. The secondary was expected to be the weak area but the front 7 was supposed to be relatively solid and they were exposed, not just by the great rb but by the Edgewater o-line. As a BC guy I saw this movie all to often during the Nunzio years, great & dynamic O and losing games because the D got gashed over and over. Tomorrow night I think is a huge test, SJR has proven they can & will score plenty of points, can the DBP D slow them down? Sabella is a great coach & adjustments will be made, the question is does he have the horses for those adjustments to be effective. BNU04 was seemingly right when he stated in the preseason that he felt Bosco lacked the athletes.

Playing vs the #2 RB in all of the USA ain't as easy as you think. BCs first two opponents are a combined 1-3. And Delbarton won't test them either this weekend. 9/24 can't get here soon enough! 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Playing vs the #2 RB in all of the USA ain't as easy as you think. BCs first two opponents are a combined 1-3. And Delbarton won't test them either this weekend. 9/24 can't get here soon enough! 

Gibbons was terrible and Saguaro should probably be ranked somewhere between 50 & 70. The running back was great, I just think the D left a lot to be desired. Like you said, we will have our answer in 3 weeks time.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

After consultations with someone close to the program, the belief is that BC will definitely lose 2 games this year. When & to whom are yet to be determined.

9 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

Gibbons was terrible and Saguaro should probably be ranked somewhere between 50 & 70. The running back was great, I just think the D left a lot to be desired. Like you said, we will have our answer in 3 weeks time.

Now we all now know how good AZ HSFB really is at the top. Let's see how Hamilton does this weekend vs BG. Basha stinks. Chandler looked the part last week vs Cathedral Cath, but they don't play a team with a strong pulse until 9/23. Time will tell!

10 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

As of today BC wins by 14.  Would a closer game or blowout surprise me, no.  

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Now we all now know how good AZ HSFB really is at the top. Let's see how Hamilton does this weekend vs BG. Basha stinks. Chandler looked the part last week vs Cathedral Cath, but they don't play a team with a strong pulse until 9/23. Time will tell!

BC’s lines seems to have caught up with their skill.  

I didn’t say this, but I was mildly concerned for AZ when I saw they had a paucity of FBS linemen, and their starred players were skill guys   

10 hours ago, Testadura said:

As of today BC wins by 14.  Would a closer game or blowout surprise me, no.  

that is probably a decent line but I have been known to repeat this year in and year out, BC usually plays to their competition whether it be up or down and Bergen doesn't blow out it's 2 main rivals DBP & SJR. They lack the killer instinct. After both wins Vito has been pounding the table about letting up and not finishing. No offensive tds in the 2nd half in Arizona. 

17 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

that is probably a decent line but I have been known to repeat this year in and year out, BC usually plays to their competition whether it be up or down and Bergen doesn't blow out it's 2 main rivals DBP & SJR. They lack the killer instinct. After both wins Vito has been pounding the table about letting up and not finishing. No offensive tds in the 2nd half in Arizona. 

2nd half:  ok, but it was hot and BC knew they owned them.  You stop playing with urgency.  

Yes, BC goes quiet at times, which is their biggest weakness. I know Bosco  will improve.  At year’s end, I can see the spread around 7.  

BC’s winning impressively over an impressive team clarifies things.  I see Joes improving though.  SPP too. But not to BC’s level.  

it will be interesting for NJ fans.  

9 minutes ago, Testadura said:

2nd half:  ok, but it was hot and BC knew they owned them.  You stop playing with urgency.  

Yes, BC goes quiet at times, which is their biggest weakness. I know Bosco  will improve.  At year’s end, I can see the spread around 7.  

BC’s winning impressively over an impressive team clarifies things.  I see Joes improving though.  SPP too. But not to BC’s level.  

it will be interesting for NJ fans.  

yes  I agree..by November I expect those 4 teams to be able to knock each other off..

On 9/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Spoke to Coach Sabella this week. He was disappointed as he truly felt DBP was the better team down in Edgewater. This unexpected wake-up call will undoubdtedly fuel DBP going forward. 

I think he just says anything to you to keep you moving.