BC 28 at Saguaro 7 Final

Just now, Sammy Swordsman said:

I admit to being pretty shocked by this score.

Is there some kind of outside factor we can point to?  Food poisoning?  Key suspensions?  Deflated football?  Cheerleaders or band messing up?  Something?  Anything?

EW is def better than Saguaro. The Sabercats will be exiting our T25 this week. And EW will be the next man up! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I admit to being pretty shocked by this score.

Is there some kind of outside factor we can point to?  Food poisoning?  Key suspensions?  Deflated football?  Cheerleaders or band messing up?  Something?  Anything?

we r just loaded on defense..how many teams rotate in 275 pounders on the D line    just an amazing defense

• Like 1

Repost from another board

Being that I am now an Arizona resident and in need of viewing big boy football live, went to see Bergen Catholic play Saguaro. NJ big boy state champ vs AZ open division state champ. BC beat them up real good in the first half, but didn't do much in 2nd half as heat got them. Final score 28-7.

Bergen Catholic travels real well and visitor side pretty full (they even brought about 100 kids for the student section). Saguaro student section was giving it to them real well, but the play on the field shut them up...

Bergen Catholic line play equivalent of high-end Trinity League teams (they had a 6'8 330 OL and 6'6" 300 DL). Real good running back-but QB play and overall talent level not equivalent to SJB/MD. Definitely would be competitive with about anyone else in D1-D2.

Saguaro's QB Devon Dampier will make some high-end Power 5 program very happy. Quick feet and a great arm. Receivers young- do think that if they put up some points in first half they could have made this game close as BC got tired out.

I might have a chance to get to the SM/JSerra game. Miss TL football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Repost from another board

Being that I am now an Arizona resident and in need of viewing big boy football live, went to see Bergen Catholic play Saguaro. NJ big boy state champ vs AZ open division state champ. BC beat them up real good in the first half, but didn't do much in 2nd half as heat got them. Final score 28-7.

Bergen Catholic travels real well and visitor side pretty full (they even brought about 100 kids for the student section). Saguaro student section was giving it to them real well, but the play on the field shut them up...

Bergen Catholic line play equivalent of high-end Trinity League teams (they had a 6'8 330 OL and 6'6" 300 DL). Real good running back-but QB play and overall talent level not equivalent to SJB/MD. Definitely would be competitive with about anyone else in D1-D2.

Saguaro's QB Devon Dampier will make some high-end Power 5 program very happy. Quick feet and a great arm. Receivers young- do think that if they put up some points in first half they could have made this game close as BC got tired out.

I might have a chance to get to the SM/JSerra game. Miss TL football.

The BNUs are still 35+ points behind MD and SJB. And I don't see that gap tightening soon. 

9 hours ago, Testadura said:

Hudson Catholic is #1 in my book

Well in your world I can understand this, for the way DBP played down in Florida they should be dropped down to Non-Public B and play Hudson Catholic. You have an opportunity this Friday night to show that you can play with the big boys but as of now Ramsey is on probation for the way you repped NJ on the national stage. In 3 weeks you get the Champs from Oradell, just think what they'll do to you if you can't win Friday.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

Well in your world I can understand this, for the way DBP played down in Florida they should be dropped down to Non-Public B and play Hudson Catholic. You have an opportunity this Friday night to show that you can play with the big boys but as of now Ramsey is on probation for the way you repped NJ on the national stage. In 3 weeks you get the Champs from Oradell, just think what they'll do to you if you can't win Friday.

Each game is different.  Some teams get better; some worse.  BC is good but would have lost to Edgewater.  That’s the consensus here.  

we’re to mangle BC like we did Spalding.  

7 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Each game is different.  Some teams get better; some worse.  BC is good but would have lost to Edgewater.  That’s the consensus here.  

we’re to mangle BC like we did Spalding.  

who is part of that consensus? Name them. Yes they had a good rb but Edgewater is not hanging 34 on BC.