SFA ROAD TO NATTY

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

MD is the team with the big national win, not SJB…. 

You mean wins (plural). Bosco’s schedule continues to be a joke. They are pounding their chest for playing some Oregon team. Their only good potential wins are MD and maybe Cen10 in the playoffs.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

SFA’s only good win will be a close win over ESL…..

This is the same ESL team that had their Doors Blown off last year by SJB’s worst team in the last 10 years…. 

I would say though that if SJB and SFA were to run the table give it to SFA…. SJB should be punished for Ducking SFA and BG and playing such a weak schedule…. MD is the team with the big national win, not SJB…. 

I get your point about MD having a better OOS win than SJB.   But I disagree with your take about last years SBJ team being the worst in 10 years.

In my opinion the 2021 SJB team beats their 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2020 teams.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

2016 SJB was State Champs…. I would take 2017 with DJ at QB over last years team and 2020 doesn’t count due to COVID….

The 2021 Team did not make the Section Finals, that would be their worst showing in the last 10 years I Believe…. 

I'm just a little tired of these types of statements being used to down play the accomplishments of a great Servite team last year.

1. "2021 Cen10 game MD their toughest game (not true the 1st Servite game was tougher for MD).  So by default Cen10 was better than Servite".

2. "2021 SJB was their worst team in 10 years (not true) , so by default Servite wasn't really any thing special or good".

Your statement of "2021 SJB didn't make the finals so that must mean they were the worst SJB team in 10 years.  This completely disses Servite. 

The SJB 2021 team mauled Miami Central and beat multiple state champions.

So tired of this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I'm just a little tired of these types of statements being used to down play the accomplishments of a great Servite team last year.

1. "2021 Cen10 game MD their toughest game (not true the 1st Servite game was tougher for MD).  So by default Cen10 was better than Servite".

2. "2021 SJB was their worst team in 10 years (not true) , so by default Servite wasn't really any thing special or good".

Your statement of "2021 SJB didn't make the finals so that must mean they were the worst SJB team in 10 years.  This completely disses Servite. 

The SJB 2021 team mauled Miami Central and beat multiple state champions.

So tired of this.

Agree that Servite's 2021 team was special and should never be taken for granted. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Nobody is downplaying the last year’s Servite team. But nobody except you thinks the 1st Servite game was tougher than the Cen10 game. They had us on the ropes with a chance to win. That was the only game last season where I felt the outcome of the game was not certain until it ended.

And I get tired of people saying that the Cen10 game played out like it did because MD had an off night.

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Nobody is downplaying the last year’s Servite team. But nobody except you thinks the 1st Servite game was tougher than the Cen10 game. They had us on the ropes with a chance to win. That was the only game last season where I felt the outcome of the game was not certain until it ended.

And I get tired of people saying that the Cen10 game played out like it did because MD had an off night.

MD brought their "C" game to Cen10 last year and the results showed.  No one except you thinks MD played well that game.  They were off offensively.  Just like Cen10 was last week.  Dropped easy catches multiple times etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Sammy…. You know I Luv Servite…. I grew up in Yorba Linda and all my friends who went to private school went to Servite…..

On Top of that I played Junior All American FB with Derek Brown, Mike Petko and Garrett Greedy some of Servites best ever players….

I said multiple times that Servite was better then. SJB last year and was the #2 team in So Cal and was Easily Top 5 in the Country….

My opinion that SJB’s team last year was their worst in 10 years has nothing to do with Servite…. As a matter of Fact, I would take Last years Servite team over 2016, 2017, 2018 SJB and on the field they lost by 1 point to 2019 SJB when the Servite team were all Sophomores so I probably take Last years Servite over 2019 SJB as well….

Good post!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s because Servite put up 37 points against MD in that game which is the most against MD sine the SJB blowout game in 2018….

MD’s Defense did not have an off night against Cen10 the Offense Did…. I mean Norco and Citrus Valley scored almost as many points against Cen10 as MD did….

These are HS Kids and MD had Rolled Cen10 in all their previous games so it happens that kids may “Assume” they will win a game but then find out all of the sudden the other team is better then they think….

Just go Back to that 2018 SJB vs MD where MD lost 43-17 or whatever that was…. Was SJB 4TDs better then MD?… Hell no, MD just had an off night after beating IMG MD was “Feeling Themselves” and thought they would win and got smoked…. I also believe the game being pushed back a day due to the freak lightening storm threw MD off as well…..

What you MD guys need to stop doing is putting last years Cen10 team on high pedistool because you all just hate Servite….  Servite was better then Cen10 last year, just accept it and give them their respect…. They beat SJB which is something Cen10 hasn’t done in years…..

Not to Mention in 2019 Servite’s team full of Sophmores lost to SJB by 1 point…. The same SJB team that Dethroned MD in the playoffs….

Post of the Year so far!!

Someone gets it.  The MD hate for Servite always....always clouds their judgement.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

MD brought their "C" game to Cen10 last year and the results showed.  No one except you thinks MD played well that game.  They were off offensively.  Just like Cen10 was last week.  Dropped easy catches multiple times etc.

Granted it wasn’t MD’s best game. But nobody is giving Cen10 any credit. Am I the only one that thinks Cen10 anything to do with MD’s performance? I like to give credit where it is due. MD did not bring their ‘C’ game. MD’s defense was outstanding that night. Cen10 had a very good D also and an exceptional defensive backfield.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Granted it wasn’t MD’s best game. But nobody is giving Cen10 any credit. Am I the only one that thinks Cen10 anything to do with MD’s performance? I like to give credit where it is due. MD did not bring their ‘C’ game. MD’s defense was outstanding that night. Cen10 had a very good D also and an exceptional defensive backfield.

MD brought their "c" game offensively.  The Defense was lights out. 

Cen10 did have a better Defense than they usually have.  Outside of MD the best team Cen10 played last year was San Diego Cathedral  C'mon man.

In my opinion the score was more a result of MD's offense being off rather than Cen10 having a SJB type defense

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...