SFA 20 vs ESL 13 Final

42 minutes ago, NickMalibu said:

Thank everything holy SFA pulled this out. Not sure they have any chance at the national championship after almost losing to a non top 50, but DC/MD needed a win regardless. 

Be careful about giving your logic away.  He’ll do a Dallas Jackson and rank ESL at 4.  Hence, this was a great win.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Remember when #1 DBP got demoted for not beating Ridgewood bad enough? THAT will NEVERVhappen at NationalHSFB.com! 

We won 35-0.  And only Houston Johnson pulled that crap.  

my gosh, you’re beyond incorrigible.  I love it—nothing is on the level with you.  You’re making bank with SFA. 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you make the poll you make the rules. If you don’t like it, make your own poll. I get it 

We should just come up with our own poll, each poster submits their own poll. A voting system, get the consensus Top 20 or so from all voters.

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

A preseason ranking is what you EXPECT a team to do. When the regular season starts that when teams SHOW you what they are ranked. 

SFA SHOWED everyone they aren’t top 10. Too many teams had way better showings against better teams. 

They aren’t number 1. Not close, not yet 

Exactly. One needs to be objective once the games are actually being played and teams need to be ranked by their performance on the field rather than player recruiting projections. My eyes tell me that American Heritage is better than SFA. ESL is not a top 25 team and SFA was fortunate to beat them. 
It will be interesting to see how SFA responds to this underwhelming performance. Perhaps it lights a fire in them and they start thinking about playing football rather than pounding their chest on social media.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SFA will make history as the first Tier 3 team to finish #1 in someone’s poll. 

When do the tiers get released?  Next week will bring more clarity when MD plays Cen10. Amazing how after week 1 there is such a gap between the top 2 teams MD/Bosco and everybody else. 
What tier would you put American Heritage in? Certainly no lower than tier 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

When do the tiers get released?  Next week will bring more clarity when MD plays Cen10. Amazing how after week 1 there is such a gap between the top 2 teams MD/Bosco and everybody else. 

If that's the case BG has to be right there with those two. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If that's the case BG has to be right there with those two. 

Agreed. Gorman was better than I thought and I thought they were ranked correctly preseason at #6. The eye test tells me that Gorman is better than SFA. If SFA played a top team last night they would have been embarrassed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

The Tiers will be released later today. I agree that AHP was very impressive.  Outstanding RB, Wr and a pretty functional QB.   I don’t see any team in So Cal other than MD, SJB beating them.   AHP may be legit #4 in the Country.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed. Gorman was better than I thought and I thought they were ranked correctly preseason at #6. The eye test tells me that Gorman is better than SFA. If SFA played a top team last night they would have been embarrassed.

Time will tell as SFA still has the toughest schedule in America to navigate. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The Tiers will be released later today. I agree that AHP was very impressive.  Outstanding RB, Wr and a pretty functional QB.   I don’t see any team in So Cal other than MD, SJB beating them.   AHP may be legit #4 in the Country.

Chaminade Madonna is right there with AHP. They have the best win of those two (SJC). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Time will tell as SFA still has the toughest schedule in America to navigate. 

They don’t, and never did IMO. Plus now you can add in that both Venice and IMG lost already. Beating DeSoto means nothing since they are from Texas and we can never again think of those teams as nationally relevant with a straight face.

• Like 3