Week 1 Excuse Thread

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly I do feel St John's would have been too big an opponent for Dillard but Dillard vs Life Christian Academy would have been a balanced matchup 

To big of an opponent? I heavily disagree. We have chaminade STA & MIAMI central on our schedule. We have zero issues with playing anyone. 

and you believe the LCA would have been a better matchup ? They struggled to beat a stranahan team who was BY FAR the worst team in the showcase 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣 & that’s not even on no homer type jazz. LFC had no speed & no size Dillards D-Line Would’ve ate they ass up to. LFC probably won’t win 3 games this year. & didn’t they just get blasted before they came to Florida?

Just now, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

To big of an opponent? I heavily disagree. We have chaminade STA & MIAMI central on our schedule. We have zero issues with playing anyone. 

and you believe the LCA would have been a better matchup ? They struggled to beat a stranahan team who was BY FAR the worst team in the showcase 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣 & that’s not even on no homer type jazz. LFC had no speed & no size Dillards D-Line Would’ve ate they ass up to. LFC probably won’t win 3 games this year. & didn’t they just get blasted before they came to Florida?

They were better than Rock Creek

And the reason I say too big an opponent is because Dillard was initially offered St John's and said if that was their opponent they would pull out of the event 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You do realize the list was the OOS teams (plus IMG) 

Though Rock Creek was probably the weakest OOS team at the event 

I do realize that which is why I made my statement because despite contrary belief Dillards opponent was a OOS opponent as well. 

& the weakest ? Is it because how bad we beat them ? If you ask me LCA looked worse they just so happen to play a stranahan team who was terrible. 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

They were better than Rock Creek

And the reason I say too big an opponent is because Dillard was initially offered St John's and said if that was their opponent they would pull out of the event 

That’s not true at all. The organizers of the event switched Dillard opponent but they felt at that time that Dillard & Rock creek were a much more even matchup. 

if we would have played St. John’s I believe it would have been a good ass game. But we will never know would we. 

I do realize that which is why I made my statement because despite contrary belief Dillards opponent was a OOS opponent as well. 

& the weakest ? Is it because how bad we beat them ? If you ask me LCA looked worse they just so happen to play a stranahan team who was terrible. 

No it's because before the tournament after talking with a friend of mine down in SFL who researched the OOS teams he showed that Rock Creek was by far the weakest team on paper and lacked depth 

Honestly if they had flipped Rock Creek and LCA it's highly possible Florida pulls a full 7-0 sweep at the event because Dillard could have beaten LCA and stranahan would have been able to manage Rock Creek

That’s not true at all. The organizers of the event switched Dillard opponent but they felt at that time that Dillard & Rock creek were a much more even matchup. 

if we would have played St. John’s I believe it would have been a good ass game. But we will never know would we. 

@GardenStateBallerwant to pop in on this discussion?

So clearly the Dillard staff thought St John's would be too tough for them 

That wouldn’t even make sense, why would a team who has “3” teams in the TOP 20 national rankings on their schedule say they wouldn’t play a team because their to good for them. Dillard has never said no ish like that. That’s never been our pedigree even in our bad years. 

1 minute ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

They switched It because Dillard refused to play St John's which honestly was a bit surprising considering they have 3 opponents already who are probably as good as St John's or of similar level 

2 minutes ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

That wouldn’t even make sense, why would a team who has “3” teams in the TOP 20 national rankings on their schedule say they wouldn’t play a team because their to good for them. Dillard has never said no ish like that. That’s never been our pedigree even in our bad years. 

On 7/26/2022 at 1:34 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Early on in the process Dillard refused to play SJC in the Broward vs The USA event. Hence, why they're lesser playing Rock Creek Christian MD instead.  

They switched It because Dillard refused to play St John's which honestly was a bit surprising considering they have 3 opponents already who are probably as good as St John's or of similar level 

Bro stop repeating Hearsay as if it’s true Dillard NEVER refused to play anyone. If St. John’s was our opponent that’s who we would’ve played. 

2 minutes ago, DillardHighBoyz954 said:

Granted I did feel like Dillard didn't need to jump on the St John's game because they are still getting their feet wet on the OOS thing but considering the talent they probably would have been a better matchup for LCA than stranahan was 

It is possible that because Dillard knew they were playing Chaminade week 2 already decided they didn't want to go into that game too banged up and requested an easier opponent for the event 

My point of the post wasn't to bash Dillard but the fact remains Rock Creek WAS the weakest OOS team and second weakest team overall at the event (stranahan was weakest) 

My point was more that had Dillard played LCA instead of Rock Creek it's possible Florida would have went 7-0 at the event as Rock Creek was the only team stranahan may have had a shot of beating

The same person who felt Rock Creek was the weakest OOS team at the event also said he felt Dillard right now would have the matchup edge on STA because of their DL vs STA OL being in Dillard favor so this wasn't someone hating on Dillard either 

Dillard can prove themselves significantly against Chaminade this week 

It is possible that because Dillard knew they were playing Chaminade week 2 already decided they didn't want to go into that game too banged up and requested an easier opponent for the event 

My point of the post wasn't to bash Dillard but the fact remains Rock Creek WAS the weakest OOS team and second weakest team overall at the event (stranahan was weakest) 

My point was more that had Dillard played LCA instead of Rock Creek it's possible Florida would have went 7-0 at the event as Rock Creek was the only team stranahan may have had a shot of beating

IMO they were looking for a guaranteed win vs a lesser opponent. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO they were looking for a guaranteed win vs a lesser opponent. 

Possibly but they also don't have the OOS experience that others had so it probably was better to set up Chaminade vs St John's in the long run as it was the safe option

Hopefully now that Dillard got their feet wet they will play tougher OOS programs in the future 

Possibly but they also don't have the OOS experience that others had so it probably was better to set up Chaminade vs St John's in the long run as it was the safe option

Hopefully now that Dillard got their feet wet they will play tougher OOS programs in the future 

Their opponent in next year's event will be far superior to RCC. 

• Thanks 1