SJB 52 at Allen 14 Final

17 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let me on that Podcast , I would tell it like it really is.

They stack the team with elite type transfers.

7 transfers this year alone who are playing only their sr year season at SJB.   Joke!! Fake program built on acquired talent (it’s more about the Jimmy s and Joes than the X&Os 

The no boundaries  thing for private schools - you get it - enough said!

fake HS football!!!

Respectfully man, you gotta chill, they aren't fake or a joke, they are just different, like they shouldn't be compared to an average public zoned high school team, but they aren't bad.

• Thanks 2

If I'm keeping it a bean I think open enrollment and closed enrollment schools should have separate MNCs. But I'm not opposed to them playing each other, since there's no tournament to try to classify schools fairly all we can do is be judicious about scheduling and subsequent rankings. Personally I never saw the draw to stacking a team with the most prospects as possible in order to play a school that doesn't do the same, but to each their own. 

That said, 8,000 is a lot for one school. Think of all the opportunities lost. That could be 4 really good sized football or basketball teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

It was more about circumstances-  I don’t believe MD is all the time 45-3 better than DV

They're 30 points better always last year. Duncanville had no answer for Mater Dei's offense and trying to run on Mater Dei only isn't gonna get you very far. 

This is the same thing you said about Aledo.  You don't think,  but then again when do you think rationally when talking about Texas

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

They're 30 points better always last year. Duncanville had no answer for Mater Dei's offense and trying to run on Mater Dei only isn't gonna get you very far. 

This is the same thing you said about Aledo.  You don't think,  but then again when do you think rationally when talking about Texas

I gotta know what argument was made about Aledo? Even there best ever team would not do much against the top end texas 6a teams....they were only dominant within the confines of their own classification..

2 hours ago, pied said:

True, but I’d point out they were competitive in a three point loss to 6A runner up (Guyer) in 2019. 

I still don't feel like Guyer has made the jump, I think the gap between div 2 and div 1 in 6a is relatively wide unless one of the big time programs slips down due to enrollment or other teams making the playoffs in their district with bigger enrollment. Like even on Allen's down years we beat Guyer, sometimes in close games, then they go on to make it to the finals in division 2 and (like last year) we lose comfortably before even the semifinals in div 1. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AUPTX said:

I gotta know what argument was made about Aledo? Even there best ever team would not do much against the top end texas 6a teams....they were only dominant within the confines of their own classification..

On another site Texasball would go on about how Aledo was always a top 25 team.That all ended when A 4 loss Bishop Amat team came in and rolled them 

• Like 1

Just now, pied said:

Man, I'm going to miss this one all the way around.  Football team family dinner Firday from 6-8 and then driving to Tulsa for the first league soccer game Saturday @1PM, then back in the car to get the kid to a back to school class party Saturday night.  

Your priorities are totally out of whack! 

But your lucky that you'll be able to access live updates here! 

• Haha 1

Bosco's Earnest Greene, a true freshman,  will be seeing the field in Athens this season. This young man enrolled early, hit the ground running, and is drawing raves from the staff. The lovely Savannah Leigh puts it a bit more eloquently. Ironically EG’s Dad is a native of Savannah, GA. Allen's Greg Little’s Dad was an Athens -Clarke Central guy who was a stud. Went to South Carolina. Naturally, UGA wanted GL to come back home. Word is an Allen assistant helped T-A$M close the deal.Two reasons for all DGD’s to hate Allen and hope  for Bosco to put a great big old ass whipping on the Eagle squad! Go Bosco! Braves by 27!

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2022/07/27/georgia-football-earnest-greene-star/

Edited by JCGIII
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He did. Said kids are amped! 

I'm going with Bosco by something along the lines of 45-14. Allen will come out and play their best. Allen is smoother and better disciplined than a Miami Central or Duncanville. And more than likely better conditioned. And they'll have two game plans. I'm seeing Bosco take complete control before halftime.