SJB 52 at Allen 14 Final

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Maybe - people thought that about the Katy Tigers

Katy is your only example.  What happened to Steele and  Stony Point?

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Galena Park ISD has two schools and North Shore is rolling.

Northshore could be split up again. 

Galena Park sucks.... You think it's a coincidence that Galena Park has no good players, but Northshore is always amongst the most talented rosters in Texas? 

Galena Park is an open enrollment district also

0 players in the 2023/2024 database for Galena Park. Yes,  Northshore is playing with only neighborhood kids huh?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

People also said that when DBP played DLS and STA. DBP is currently 4-0 against those two teams. 

Not true.  Yappi I believe still has the predictions for that game.  Everyone thought DLS was the underdog that first year. Let alone the 2nd year

Edited by Steeler01

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Clearly Allen is the outlier, but have to say I have not heard many Allen residents complain. Some choose to live in Allen and go private, but think if you move there and plan for public school you know what you're getting into.

I have family that lives in Allen.  The first thing they always bring up is their stadium. It's the jewel of their City/ Town. 

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Never in a million years for my family, but it seems to work for the residents and tax payers in Allen, the VAST majority of whom don't play or aren't associated with the football team.

They like their football team being one of the best in Texas.  They're actually pretty good in every sport.  They dominate wrestling in Texas as well

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I have family that lives in Allen.  The first thing they always bring up is their stadium. It's the jewel of their City/ Town. 

They like their football team being one of the best in Texas.  They're actually pretty good in every sport.  They dominate wrestling in Texas as well

Real eager to see how tiny, itszy bitszy SJB fairs vs Allen. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pied said:

I think SJB fares well.  Their much smaller but have been able to assemble some great talent.  How that is accomplished is a good discussion, but talking about them being "itszy bitszy" is kind of silly to me.  

Tiny, all-boys school doesn't stand a chance vs behemoth Allen!! 🙂 

• Haha 1

Hi y'all, current Allen fan, first time poster, live in Allen and graduated from Allen in 2013. I have been following the program for a long time having grown up here and wanted to dive in on the conversation, answer questions about the team, and provide an inside POV on some of the idea being brought on this conversation. 

To start out I want to say I respect California football and I personally don't have a dislike for private schools or recruiting and all that entails. I think Cali, Texas, and Florida simply by population (and therefore talen pool) and fervor for the sport are pretty equal and the most talented states for the sport pound for pound. 

In regards to this game having done some research on Boscos roster at this point and knowing Allen pretty well and seeing there scrimmage yesterday, I think our best case scenario would be keeping the game close to the end with the potential for a very tight win.  More likely I think Bosco wins close to comfortably or very possibly in blow out fashion. 

I also do not think it is fair to compare Bosco to (at least from what I have seen of this year's team) to any team not named IMG, SFA, or Mater Dei. I mean I didn't see hardly a single player on either side of the ball either 1 or 2 deep that wasn't a 3,4, or 5 star recruit. Which I am not saying is wrong, I think it's badass and I am excited to watch them play, but to compare them as a measuring stick for a great CA team vs a great TX team just isn't level ground. I wouldn't compare them to any team in Texas, even NS or Westlake, I'm not sure how'd they even fare. Even if there is an occasional  transfer for athletic purposes or you consider it a huge advantage that Allen is a big school, I still don't think it levels things out. A more fair comparison would be if Dallas had a team made of select players players vs Bosco (which I believe pulls from LA and surrounding area?) Which would be a badass game.

Anywho I still want to reiterate that I am not a hater on any other states, privates, or a homer to Texas or our bs narrative of pure high school football. I am excited for this game and to open dialogue, so if anyone has questions or comments fire away!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AUPTX said:

Hi y'all, current Allen fan, first time poster, live in Allen and graduated from Allen in 2013. I have been following the program for a long time having grown up here and wanted to dive in on the conversation, answer questions about the team, and provide an inside POV on some of the idea being brought on this conversation. 

To start out I want to say I respect California football and I personally don't have a dislike for private schools or recruiting and all that entails. I think Cali, Texas, and Florida simply by population (and therefore talen pool) and fervor for the sport are pretty equal and the most talented states for the sport pound for pound. 

In regards to this game having done some research on Boscos roster at this point and knowing Allen pretty well and seeing there scrimmage yesterday, I think our best case scenario would be keeping the game close to the end with the potential for a very tight win.  More likely I think Bosco wins close to comfortably or very possibly in blow out fashion. 

I also do not think it is fair to compare Bosco to (at least from what I have seen of this year's team) to any team not named IMG, SFA, or Mater Dei. I mean I didn't see hardly a single player on either side of the ball either 1 or 2 deep that wasn't a 3,4, or 5 star recruit. Which I am not saying is wrong, I think it's badass and I am excited to watch them play, but to compare them as a measuring stick for a great CA team vs a great TX team just isn't level ground. I wouldn't compare them to any team in Texas, even NS or Westlake, I'm not sure how'd they even fare. Even if there is an occasional  transfer for athletic purposes or you consider it a huge advantage that Allen is a big school, I still don't think it levels things out. A more fair comparison would be if Dallas had a team made of select players players vs Bosco (which I believe pulls from LA and surrounding area?) Which would be a badass game.

Anywho I still want to reiterate that I am not a hater on any other states, privates, or a homer to Texas or our bs narrative of pure high school football. I am excited for this game and to open dialogue, so if anyone has questions or comments fire away!

Welcome! Glad to have you. You seem fair and balanced unlike your brethren here ;) Looking fwd to your contributions. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUPTX said:

Welcome to the board!   Very good take for your first post.

This years SJB team is solid defensively but they don't have the offense to be compared to the recent MD, SFA, IMG teams.   SJB lost badly in their final 2021 game to Servite, and most of  the same guys return.

I predict a low scoring game (42 points or less).  SJB probably gets out quick vs Allen to a 14-0 mark with a final of 24-17 SJB win.

Allen probably wins the second half so SJB will need to get out quick. 

If Allen can have sustained success on the ground, and score 24+ points, they will win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Welcome to the board!   Very good take for your first post.

This years SJB team is solid defensively but they don't have the offense to be compared to the recent MD, SFA, IMG teams.   SJB lost badly in their final 2021 game to Servite, and most of  the same guys return.

I predict a low scoring game (42 points or less).  SJB probably gets out quick vs Allen to a 14-0 mark with a final of 24-17 SJB win.

Allen probably wins the second half so SJB will need to get out quick. 

If Allen can have sustained success on the ground, and score 24+ points, they will win.

The big issue here is this is a bad match up especially out of the gate. Allen is very young on the o line and the interior especially has a lot of growth to make, literally and mentally. They struggled to run consistently in their scrimmage Thursday against a team I would not consider a perennial powerhouse but they do have a lot talent/athleticism. They are VERY talented everywhere else on offense, QB, WR, TE, and RB, but I'm afraid after looking at boscos d line it won't matter much, especially if they can't establish some threat to run the ball. Defense should provide a good test for Bosco especially if what you mentioned about their offense continues this season, that being said they are young so it could go bad as well.

2 minutes ago, AUPTX said:

The big issue here is this is a bad match up especially out of the gate. Allen is very young on the o line and the interior especially has a lot of growth to make, literally and mentally. They struggled to run consistently in their scrimmage Thursday against a team I would not consider a perennial powerhouse but they do have a lot talent/athleticism. They are VERY talented everywhere else on offense, QB, WR, TE, and RB, but I'm afraid after looking at boscos d line it won't matter much, especially if they can't establish some threat to run the ball. Defense should provide a good test for Bosco especially if what you mentioned about their offense continues this season, that being said they are young so it could go bad as well

SJB is very fast on defense.  Extremely fast, and they have some size and quickness up front as well.'   Due to the transfers SJB also has pretty good depth so they can rotate 7 guys on the D -line to keep them somewhat rested in the Texas heat.

Allen will need to avoid turnovers in the first half or SJB will feast.

No on is taking Allen for granted.  Great tradition, great feeder system, great coaching, and playing at home.  This game will be close.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

This decision to remain huge has to be football-related. 

I'm using this post to touch on the topic of Allen size and thought process. I would say athletic success has been a happy by product of this choice, this decision was made many years ago sometime in the mid 90s if I'm not mistaken, before Allen was much of anything or even good at football. Allen is a city locked town surrounded by other towns with limited land so when planning they didn't have much of an idea of how hot this market would get and how much alternative housing that would be built (apartments and townhomes) that allows Allen's population to increase so steadily and continuously. They planned it this way to pool all the resources for a school district into one place, not to feed a football dynasty that didn't exist when this decision was made. It just happens to help now. Having gone there I loved it, most people did, had state of the art everything (i took film there and we had studios and equipment that would make some production companies jealous), every extra curricular program and sport imaginable, the school consist of 4 campuses (9th grade center, 10th-12th grade main campus, Dual credit campus, and STEM campus) at this point, it really prepares you for college or life after HS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SJB is very fast on defense.  Extremely fast, and they have some size and quickness up front as well.'   Due to the transfers SJB also has pretty good depth so they can rotate 7 guys on the D -line to keep them somewhat rested in the Texas heat.

No on is taking Allen for granted.  Great tradition, great feeder system, great coaching, and playing at home.  This game will be close.

Alot of Allen weapons are unknown because they haven't played much but some names to look out for (some you probably already know) that I think will be legit D1 players on offense or already hold offers:

QB: Michael Hawkins (offers from Bama, a&m, bunch of others)

WR: Quinton Hammonds (confident he will have a nice offer list a few months from now), Messiah Washington (could breakout thus year as well), Caleb Smith (freshman on Varsity, unheard of at Allen, has offers already), Donnell Gee Jr (class of '25, versatil gadget ATH), Stanley Okpulor (UTSA and UIW offers, should blow up this season)

RB: Kayvion Sibley (3 star offer from tx tech and minnesota)

TE: Steven Gorski (has 1 offer), Davon Mitchell (top 1 or 2 TE in country in '24, all the offers)

If the line can provide enough time they have the weapons to provide a good challenge, just a big if.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I think this game is a mirror-image of Mater Dei/DV from last season. I can tell you for a fact that SJB feels disrespected and taken for granted. Since this will be the first and only time Allen schedules an oos power private, I can assure you that SJB wants to make it a night for the hsfb world to remember. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, pied said:

Why would SJB feel disrespected or taken for granted? I’ve seen few if any people that give Allen more than a puncher’s chance. 

Kind of my thought process as well, 99 percent of people I've talked to in Texas think SJB will win this game, if not handily, at least comfortably. I don't think it's a game that will prove much to the HSFB world, I think it will allow a lot of people who don't follow HSFB or understand the nuance and context of the teams to talk a lot of trash. 

I would have loved to seen this SJB team against Allen's 2013 team, I genuinely think that's the only Allen team that could beat any team that's played. It was more luck that the collection of guys were there when they were too. To give context on why I think they would be formidable we had of course Kyler Murray, we had Jalen Guyton at WR (starts for the LA chargers right now), 3 other WR who played low to mid level D1 football, solid RBs, and an incredible offensive line. (O line had Bobby Evans at LT who plays in the NFL, Greg Little at RT who plays in the NFL, Tejano Koroma at Center who bounced around NFL practice squads and plays in other leagues now, LG played at Texas Tech, RG played low level D1) Insane to have 5 D1 guys and 3 NFL guys on one offensive line at once. Not to mention the defense had a DE who plays in the NFL, 2 LBs who went to OU and AZ st, one who plays in the NFL still, a safety that played in the NFL and Two other CBs that played at power 5 schools. (Memory starts to get a little fuzzy) This was a hell of a lot of talent at a public school at one time and this is what I think would be needed to be on par with SJB with Kyler being the wild card here that really set them up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I listened to them already! They are definitely part of the 1 percent, but they are literally booster club guys for the team so not unexpected for them to be homers and the guy who runs the game does it for a good cause but he is an unabashed Texas homer as well. 

1 hour ago, AUPTX said:

Kind of my thought process as well, 99 percent of people I've talked to in Texas think SJB will win this game, if not handily, at least comfortably. I don't think it's a game that will prove much to the HSFB world, I think it will allow a lot of people who don't follow HSFB or understand the nuance and context of the teams to talk a lot of trash. 

I would have loved to seen this SJB team against Allen's 2013 team, I genuinely think that's the only Allen team that could beat any team that's played. It was more luck that the collection of guys were there when they were too. To give context on why I think they would be formidable we had of course Kyler Murray, we had Jalen Guyton at WR (starts for the LA chargers right now), 3 other WR who played low to mid level D1 football, solid RBs, and an incredible offensive line. (O line had Bobby Evans at LT who plays in the NFL, Greg Little at RT who plays in the NFL, Tejano Koroma at Center who bounced around NFL practice squads and plays in other leagues now, LG played at Texas Tech, RG played low level D1) Insane to have 5 D1 guys and 3 NFL guys on one offensive line at once. Not to mention the defense had a DE who plays in the NFL, 2 LBs who went to OU and AZ st, one who plays in the NFL still, a safety that played in the NFL and Two other CBs that played at power 5 schools. (Memory starts to get a little fuzzy) This was a hell of a lot of talent at a public school at one time and this is what I think would be needed to be on par with SJB with Kyler being the wild card here that really set them up.

I would have liked to see 2013 SJB play 2013 Allen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AUPTX said:

I listened to them already! They are definitely part of the 1 percent, but they are literally booster club guys for the team so not unexpected for them to be homers and the guy who runs the game does it for a good cause but he is an unabashed Texas homer as well. 

Exactly 

Let me on that Podcast , I would tell it like it really is.

They stack the team with elite type transfers.

7 transfers this year alone who are playing only their sr year season at SJB.   Joke!! Fake program built on acquired talent (it’s more about the Jimmy s and Joes than the X&Os 

The no boundaries  thing for private schools - you get it - enough said!

fake HS football!!!

26 minutes ago, AUPTX said:

That entire video got to the SJB staff the day of. They took it very personal. 

On 8/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

People also said that when DBP played DLS and STA. DBP is currently 4-0 against those two teams. 

Cen10 almost beat MD last season. Do you also believe that public Cen10 would've beaten DV by 42 points like MD did? 

It was more about circumstances-  I don’t believe MD is all the time 45-3 better than DV

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That entire video got to the SJB staff the day of. They took it very personal. 

Well that is their choice to make, I hope they realize that's not how everyone views the situation or the teams, but I think both teams are taking it very seriously!