SJB 52 at Allen 14 Final

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Score was pretty misleading - I was at the game - Aledo had to play their only defensive returning starter at RB and he still rushed for over 200 yards as 3rd team RB. The game was series of Aledo turnovers in the 2nd QRt along with 4th down big plays by Amat.  Amat was nice team losing really close game in the semifinals.  Fast forward The kid who was MVP RB of state title game did not play vs BA along with another D1 skill kid that was limited in the game with injury.

don’t get you panties tangled up.  BA was nice team.

5D5AF124-FCD1-49DA-B028-07BC7E7AC646.gif

• Haha 2

All jokes aside, I don't like much of what those Allen boosters had to say, but to each their own. 

It's no secret that St. John Bosco is gonna come into that stadium wanting to BTHO Allen. Score will probably be something like 42-10. The weather has been moderately nice this week, upper 80s, so weather won't be an issue for the Braves.

Sorry, SJB, you won't be the first team to beat Allen in their home turf tho, that would be Atascocita. 😉

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

All jokes aside, I don't like much of what those Allen boosters had to say, but to each their own. 

It's no secret that St. John Bosco is gonna come into that stadium wanting to BTHO Allen. Score will probably be something like 42-10. The weather has been moderately nice this week, upper 80s, so weather won't be an issue for the Braves.

Sorry, SJB, you won't be the first team to beat Allen in their home turf tho, that would be Atascocita. 😉

The boosters in the video are like the last people that represent how most people in Texas/allen feel. Using that as fuel is kind of a joke, like saying a statement as dumb as "Texas coaches are much better than cali coaches" should be instant loss of credibility because it leaves out logic and nuance, on a school by school basis. On top of that they just have a blatant disregard for anything that is not done in the way they belive to be most pure. 

1 minute ago, pied said:

IMO - everyone is looking for motivation through being "disrespected".  

Getting into this game they KNEW their stadium couldn't be compared to Allen's.  It's likely one of the reasons they're looking forward to playing in the game.  I guarantee you'll read quotes from SJB players and coaches about Eagle Stadium.

They also 100% know the prevailing thought on private schools, much less ones that aggregate so much talent compared to their peers both in CA and across the country.

I disagree with much of that sentiment on the video, but if this pissed them off, they were looking for reasons to be pissed off which is very common.

The guy in the video from LST Marketing (Roger Staubach's company) who disrepescted Coach Mathis by saying that he wouldn't stop to help him if he was on the side of the road on fire was forced to resign for saying such after the vid went viral. 

3 minutes ago, pied said:

IMO - everyone is looking for motivation through being "disrespected".  

Getting into this game they KNEW their stadium couldn't be compared to Allen's.  It's likely one of the reasons they're looking forward to playing in the game.  I guarantee you'll read quotes from SJB players and coaches about Eagle Stadium.

They also 100% know the prevailing thought on private schools, much less ones that aggregate so much talent compared to their peers both in CA and across the country.

I disagree with much of that sentiment on the video, but if this pissed them off, they were looking for reasons to be pissed off which is very common.

I think they are trying to set up this big fake idea that this game is the deciding factor of who is the best or cali over Texas, and whatever else they are trying to prove. Anyone who provides a different, no matter how logical, view point is just making excuses obviously. I think everyone knows Bosco will probably win so they have to search for fuel since no one is out right going yall don't have a chance against Allen. As in no one is disrespecting them so they have to stretch for motivation beyond winning? 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The guy in the video from LST Marketing (Roger Staubach's company) who disrepescted Coach Mathis by saying that he wouldn't stop to help him if he was on the side of the road on fire was forced to resign for saying such after the vid went viral. 

Yeah that caught me off guard too, glad he got that sip of medicine 🤣 that was a messed up comment to say the least, and he put the whole thing together!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Score was pretty misleading - I was at the game - Aledo had to play their only defensive returning starter at RB and he still rushed for over 200 yards as 3rd team RB. The game was series of Aledo turnovers in the 2nd QRt along with 4th down big plays by Amat.  Amat was nice team losing really close game in the semifinals.  Fast forward The kid who was MVP RB of state title game did not play vs BA along with another D1 skill kid that was limited in the game with injury.

don’t get you panties tangled up.  BA was nice team.

BA was also not playing these guys

Starting QB

Starting HB

Starting LB

Two weeks after beating Aledo,  they lost to Chino Hills 45-28. Then came the switches that happened below

QB switch

Sweeney to HB

Starting LB no longer playing HB

Edited by Steeler01