Texas 6A Top 25 Rankings

56 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

SOC could if they get out of their game with Desoto and/or DV and find a replacement for both 

But Allen will absolutely have an opening next year so they’ll do 

Possibly. But that would leave the other team with 3 slots to fill in. 

DeSoto and Duncanville will both have two open dates next year. 

Allen, Denton Ryan, and Atascocita will have one open date. 

Joe, do your thing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

GA has already scheduled and competed favorably vs IMG (Grayson) and SFA (Lee County). CA at GA will be a priority in 23 and beyond. 

SC Lee county loses to SFA 43-14 and it’s a favorable showing 

non SC and #5 (in 6A) DV loses to #1 IMG 41-14 and it’s Armageddon for Texas .  😂 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Horsefly said:

SC Lee county loses to SFA 43-14 and it’s a favorable showing 

non SC and #5 (in 6A) DV loses to #1 IMG 41-14 and it’s Armageddon for Texas .  😂 

Rewatch the SFA/Lee game. It was a toss-up well into Q3. 

IMG hasn't been a T1 team of late like MD, SJB and SFA. Losing to T2 IMG by 27 equates to losing to T1 MD/SJB by 42. I expect the top brands in TX to be better than that t2 teams. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rewatch the SFA/Lee game. It was a toss-up well into Q3. 

IMG hasn't been a T1 team of late like MD, SJB and SFA. Losing to T2 IMG by 27 equates to losing to T1 MD/SJB by 42. I expect the top brands in TX to be better than that t2 teams. 

It’s just excuse making for you.  The game was never in question. Those games are at the end of the season so we knew who Lee was and their team had all year to gel. They were state champs!

What was your thoughts on mighty GA Collins Hill losing to the unranked school from WA no one had ever heard of until the geico? Of course you had no expectations on a top GA team performing well just Texas.  

2020:

IMG 41-14 over Duncanville 

IMG 49-14 over MNW 

MNW 24-21 over central 

These states you love (GA, Fla) aren’t performing like you think they are.  

i know one thing, Jones better make this game close seeing as they represent the mighty state of Fla. 

im done discussing your ranking it’s not very good imo, you’re extremely biased in your assessments.

Edited by Horsefly
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s just excuse making for you.  The game was never in question. Those games are at the end of the season so we knew who Lee was and their team had all year to gel. They were state champs!

What was your thoughts on mighty GA Collins Hill losing to the unranked school from WA no one had ever heard of until the geico? Of course you had no expectations on a top GA team performing well just Texas.  

2020:

IMG 41-14 over Duncanville 

IMG 49-14 over MNW 

MNW 24-21 over central 

These states you love (GA, Fla) aren’t performing like you think they are.  

i know one thing, Jones better make this game close seeing as they represent the mighty state of Fla. 

im done discussing your ranking it’s not very good imo, you’re extremely biased in your assessments.

I don't love GA!! For decades I've been as critical of that state as much as TX. Teams like Buford, Grayson, Milton, Brookwood, Marietta, etc. have each stepped up of late and are competing at a high level vs national competition. I also respect TX teams like DS, DV, Allen, Cita, etc. that have started to do the same. If you can't see that GA teams like Buford, Hughes, WR and Grayson aren't as good or better than your top 10 teams, you need to either take a closer look at them or take a look in the mirror. 

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I don't love GA!! For decades I've been as critical of that state as much as TX. Teams like Buford, Grayson, Milton, Brookwood, Marietta, etc. have each stepped up of late and are competing at a high level vs national competition. I also respect TX teams like DS, DV, Allen, Cita, etc. that have started to do the same. If you can't see that GA teams like Buford, Hughes, WR and Grayson aren't as good or better than your top 10 teams, you need to either take a closer look at them or take a look in the mirror. 

You still skip over my actual comments. Collins hill ran through GA last year, what was your expectation of them in the geico ? They stunk it up!  You do a lot of hang wringing but you’ll  focus 7 years after the fact about a 6-6 Desoto team losing to IMG 46-27! 

My focus isn’t on the Texas top 10, it’s squarely on Duncanville. No I do not think WR, LH, AHP, hell even central are better than them. You mistakenly said DV lost a lot. They return 6/6, and like some of these other teams reload.  

Like I said, get AHP and central on DV schedule next year, both of them! We’ll see how these mighty Fla teams do. 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You still skip over my actual comments. Collins hill ran through GA last year, what was your expectation of them in the geico ? They stunk it up!  You do a lot of hang wringing but you’ll  focus 7 years after the fact about a 6-6 Desoto team losing to IMG 46-27! 

My focus isn’t on the Texas top 10, it’s squarely on Duncanville. No I do not think WR, LH, AHP, hell even central are better than them. You mistakenly said DV lost a lot. They return 6/6, and like some of these other teams reload.  

Like I said, get AHP and central on DV schedule next year, both of them! We’ll see how these mighty Fla teams do. 

This is a different season. Last year is last year. That's my point. Who knows? In 2023 TX may have 8 teams in our preseason rankings and GA only one. The state numbers and proporations in any annual rankings should never ever be consistent. If they are, they're a sham. 

And nobody was happier than me last season after CH lost GK. Coach Gregory acted like an amateur leading up the that game. Karma got the best of him. 

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This is a different season. Last year is last year. That's my point. Who knows? In 2023 TX may have 8 teams in our preseason rankings and GA only one. The state numbers and proporations in any annual rankings should never ever be consistent. If they are, they're a sham. 

And nobody was happier than me last season after CH lost GK. Coach Gregory acted like an amateur leading up the that game. Karma got the best of him. 

Wait a min,  you used Texas prior year performance in justification for your rankings this year. Now, when talking other states, previous years is not an issue. 😂 

Now go compare WR talent in rivals for ‘23 and ‘24 with south oak cliff. No commentary, just look (I’m not advocating for SOC in any poll, but they also are SC and return about 90% of their contributors). 😉 

Edited by Horsefly

On 6/25/2022 at 6:01 AM, Horsefly said:

The problem is allen finished ranked way low last season. Typically teams don’t make up that much ground in a preseason ranking the next year 

some ppl don’t realize how far Allen had dipped. This is a solid preseason ranking for them considering 

53120C1C-18D8-4C56-B1D8-EAAC468DBC95.png

Cant argue with Allen @ 13. Could be a little higher, could be a little lower. After they get their asses handed to them in August, I can see them finishing 9-1 and winning district again. They will have an explosive offense.

51 minutes ago, Not_Important said:

Cant argue with Allen @ 13. Could be a little higher, could be a little lower. After they get their asses handed to them in August, I can see them finishing 9-1 and winning district again. They will have an explosive offense.

Yeah they’ll be fine. Sounds like they have a good new coach, so I’m sure he’ll get them focused and on track pretty soon. 

• Like 1