Chad Morris resigns at Allen

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So Carthage would be able to hang with teams like Cen10 and MC? 

Man, GSB, you're great at what you do but sometimes i question your rationale.

He said "comparable public programs"

I get it, you're not a big fan of 98% of Texas teams. Paradigm shift?

The SJB vs Allen game will be a great experience for kids on both sides.   SJB will get to play in an elite Tier 1 venue and Allen gets a chance to measure up with a Trinity League power.   I'm not counting Allen out.   This is program with alot of Pride and they pull the best talent on campus from an enormous student body. 

If SJB starts slow like they did against STA, SJB can be beaten by Allen.   Allen is going to most likely have the most size up front than any team on SJB schedule (minus The Stache).   I hope its a great competitive game that comes down to the end.   Also happy to see the Texas powers participating in the elite matchups.  Texas 6a top teams are VERY good and are capable of knocking off any program..

59 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Texas 6a top teams are VERY good and are capable of knocking off any program..

Partially agree with you, BUT, Allen will not be a top 6A team this year. I’m referring to being top 10 in the state for their class. Especially with a new coach, and losing a 5 star player to Katy Paetow.

I feel like Allen will be anywhere between 15-25. Maybe I’m being too generous, though. I was realllyyy looking forward to this game but that interest has kind of dwindled. Not a blockbuster matchup.

I’m not very familiar with the guy. He’s coming from a 4A program in Midlothian Heritage. Seems like he’s been fairly successful there. But then again, we are talking about 4A here…and according to @Steeler01, the smaller schools aren’t worth talking about on a national forum. 

Wonder how the transition will be for him. Going from a mid-sized school to the behemoth that is Allen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

I’m not very familiar with the guy. He’s coming from a 4A program in Midlothian Heritage. Seems like he’s been fairly successful there. But then again, we are talking about 4A here…and according to @Steeler01, the smaller schools aren’t worth talking about on a national forum. 

Wonder how the transition will be for him. Going from a mid-sized school to the behemoth that is Allen. 

I think a coach can coach at any level. If he's good and has the talent to compete he'll succeed at any place

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not too familiar with him, from what I’ve read on other sites he’s a well respected HC. He did have a solid record at 4A midlothian. I have a wait n see approach on him 

Considering the circumstances, his record at Heritage is impressive. He built that program from scratch. He'll have so many more tools to work with at Allen. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1