Georgia-Florida Challenge on August 20, 2022 in Valdosta, GA

That was a blast to be on the sideline and basically saw almost 2 full games (considering I arrived during the lightning delay in the second quarter of the first game and was pulling out as the second game was finishing) 

Thanks @GardenStateBallerfor hooking me up and it was fun talking football during the game and getting to see one of the top teams in Florida get the first OOS win over lowndes in their program history 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

That was a blast to be on the sideline and basically saw almost 2 full games (considering I arrived during the lightning delay in the second quarter of the first game and was pulling out as the second game was finishing) 

Thanks @GardenStateBallerfor hooking me up and it was fun talking football during the game and getting to see one of the top teams in Florida get the first OOS win over lowndes in their program history 

You mean no FL team has beat Lowndes? 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

You mean no FL team has beat Lowndes? 

I'm pretty sure 

I can't find the website currently that shows OOS results for the state of Georgia but I believe that was the first win for FL against Lowndes 

As much as I can't stand lowndes because of that prick from the other board that fanbase was by far the best and loudest I've ever seen in my life, in the first half they were louder on one yard gains than I heard Columbia at any point of the game on Friday and that band was loud and even playing during the play 

People think AHP was undisciplined but half the flags thrown were bullshit calls anyway but I guess when someone is watching as a fanboy instead of a unbiased observer like myself they won't get that detail 

I did get to talk with one of the lowndes coaches for a while on the sideline during the lightning delay 

Overall that stadium was very nice setup and the only stadium I've been to in Florida that was built even close to it was IMG Academy which only has stadium seats on one side of the field and apparently the lowndes coach mentioned that they are building an indoor practice facility that's supposed to be done next year so they definitely have a strong investment from the community into the program which is something I wish counties and boosters in Florida would support better 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With honest officiating AHP wins along the lines of 52-7. 

Yeah it was like almost the entire 2nd quarter that we couldn't go a single play without AHP getting called for holding

It was getting ridiculous to a point I could even hear lowndes fans on the other side of the field booing because it really slowed the game down to the point it was getting boring 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Even the most undisciplined team in the world isn't called penalties like the ones those refs were calling

It wasn't even bad in the first game but it was pathetic in the lowndes vs AHP game how bad the officials were 

They didn't need the phantom calls in the first game. It was as bad as I've ever witnessed in all my years. Worse than the Lee/SFA game. And I never thought I'd actually see worse than that. 

Meant to post this here a few days ago 

Thoughts:

Overall it was a very good setup and the stadium atmosphere made the game a blast to attend 

DFB is as bad as advertised and will struggle to win games this year and has no business playing OOS in the foreseeable future

Colquitt and Lowndes are not as good as their past teams that won titles in GA but both could be better next year 

This may be the year Valdosta gets by Lowndes in the winnersville classic 

AHP is down from some past teams but was by far the best team at the event and we should see where they stand next week as well as games with Cardinal Gibbons and Chaminade but I felt they were a class act as a team and program and I had a chance to talk to few of their staff during the game and one of the lowndes staff during the lightning delay 

I will never again hate on the refs in Florida because even the most flag happy crews on Florida is nothing compared to the flaggrent calls where it felt like holding was getting called like 8 or 9 straight plays on offense for AHP which likely kept it from being more of a blowout

Overall the crowd support during the lowndes game with the Lowndes fans and band is better than any crowd I've ever seen in Florida and their crowd was louder on one yard gains than Columbia was the entire kickoff classic against Suwannee even with fans wrapped around the fences. Florida could learn something from the south GA fanbases

Overall a great event and I was honored to be on the sideline watching those 4 programs play football last night even though I didn't get home until 2am

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Our 2nd annual event at CQ is coming together nicely. However, FL will not be involved this time around. 

Lowndes and CQ have agreed in principle to host the two high-profile OOS teams that were recommended by PGL.  

One thing I CAN say is that the states of Delaware and Kansas will NOT be represented for the obvious reasons! Stay tuned. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Our 2nd annual event at CQ is coming together nicely. However, FL will not be involved this time around. 

Lowndes and CQ have agreed in principle to host the two high-profile OOS teams that were recommended by PGL.  

One thing I CAN say is that the states of Delaware and Kansas will NOT be represented for the obvious reasons! Stay tuned. 

That’s good. If there wasn’t a top 5 FL for Colquitt and top 10-20 team for Lowndes then it would have been a mismatch 

• 1 month later...