CA vs TX HSFB Games Past and Present

It has everything to do with that.  Your defense wears out when you're turning the ball over or giving momentum to the opposing team with dumb fake points

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

An injury is not a fluke it’s a part of the game so are occasional fumbles … in the middle of the game. 

none of that had anything to do with allowing them to run the wildcat down their throat from all over the field 

What's the probability of a QB getting hurt in a game?

If they played again for instance and i offered you one to one odds that the qb doesn't get hurt, do you take it? 

If not at what odds do you take it?

It has everything to do with that.  Your defense wears out when you're turning the ball over or giving momentum to the opposing team with dumb fake punts

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

It has everything to do with that.  Your defense wears out when you're turning the ball over or giving momentum to the opposing team with dumb fake points

What's the probability of a QB getting hurt in a game?

If they played again for instance and i offered you one to one odds that the qb doesn't get hurt, do you take it? 

If not at what odds do you take it?

It has everything to do with that.  Your defense wears out when you're turning the ball over or giving momentum to the opposing team with dumb fake punts

I believe he had cramps, and it’s a high probability for a run first type QB to get hurt

If Tompkins was a nobody, then the defense doesn’t get worn out, nor the offense stall. They would have annihilated a crappy team regardless…but 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I believe he had cramps, and it’s a high probability for a run first type QB to get hurt

If Tompkins was a nobody, then the defense doesn’t get worn out, nor the offense stall. They would have annihilated a crappy team regardless…but 

Cramps in the 1st half too right

They were down 26-7 before all of the crap I mentioned happened.  Down 20-0 at the half.

Edited by Steeler01

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes all in the second half. Their strategy didn’t need to be complicated just effective… and it was  

Their strategy was bank on fluky stuff happening. 

Once again,  what odds would you need to bet on a QB getting hurt in a game?

8 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Their strategy was bank on fluky stuff happening. 

Once again,  what odds would you need to bet on a QB getting hurt in a game?

NS had 2 turnovers all game, that was not a major factor.

Injuries are a part of the game, the odds are reasonable for a running QB, which is when he got hurt, just like a RB getting injured. The problem was, like I said before, the backup wasn’t very good. 

The injury, the failed conversion nor the 2 TOs were flukes.  

Edited by Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Injuries are a part of the game, the odds are reasonable for a running QB, which is when he got hurt, just like a RB getting injured. The problem was, like I said before, the backup wasn’t very good. 

none of those constitute a fluke 

They are part of the game, but they're also fluky

You haven't answered the question. What odds would you give the QB getting injured again in a rematch?

Edited by Steeler01

Just now, Steeler01 said:

1 to 1

2 to 1

3 to 1 

4 to 1 

5 to 1

6 to 1

7 to 1

8 to 1 

I'm waiting

You compared this to BG and Hamilton, who scored 18 points in 1 min.  That’s your comparison which is silly. Lol

so which one genius is more likely, a QB getting injured in a game or a team scoring 18 points in 1 min? 

Just now, Horsefly said:

You compared this to BG and Hamilton, who scored 18 points in 1 min.  That’s your comparison which is silly. Lol

so which one genius is more likely, a QB getting injured in a game or a team scoring 18 points in 1 min? 

Both are very unlikely. 

Hamilton was probably 20 to 1

QB getting hurt and all the other fluky stuff happening is at least that

1049346098_Screenshot_20220416-184540_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.486c333986d2d8c789508fa15c3a7b1e.jpg

13 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Both are very unlikely. 

Hamilton was probably 20 to 1

QB getting hurt and all the other fluky stuff happening is at least that

1049346098_Screenshot_20220416-184540_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.486c333986d2d8c789508fa15c3a7b1e.jpg

What type of injuries steeler, and what sport has the highest rate of injuries? Is football listed separately? There is a difference from missing a full game with a concussion or a torn acl and missing a few possessions from cramps or a tweaked ankle. (Which injuries did the report track?) the latter being much more common. Regardless, it’s much more uncommon to score 18 pts in 1 min, than to sit out possessions from an injury 

anyways I’m done with this, NBA is on

Edited by Horsefly

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What type of injuries steeler, and what sport has the highest rate of injuries? Is football listed separately? There is a difference from missing a full game with a concussion or a torn acl and missing a few possessions from cramps or a tweaked ankle. (Which injuries did the report track?) the latter being much more common. Regardless, it’s much more uncommon to score 18 pts in 1 min, than to sit out possessions from an injury 

anyways I’m done with this, NBA is on

It is listed separately. Those were the numbers

The chances of getting injured in a HS Football game are very small as you can see.  That's not your speculation nor mine that's actual data

Edited by Steeler01

17 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

It is listed separately. Those were the numbers

The chances of getting injured in a HS Football game are very small as you can see.  That's not your speculation nor mine that's actual data

I asked what type of injuries are they tracking? Getting a concussion or acl tear is different from cramps that sit a player for a few possessions. There is a difference major and minor injuries

Hell, there were several TX teams that sidelined players a few games/part of a game due to injuries, incl several quarterbacks. However, there were no 18 pt scoring fests in 1 min that I recall. 

Edited by Horsefly

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I asked what type of injuries are they tracking? Getting a concussion or acl tear is different from cramps that sit a player for a few possessions. There is a difference major and minor injuries

Hell, there were several TX teams that sidelined players a few games/part of a game due to injuries, incl several quarterbacks. However, there were no 18 pt scoring fests in 1 min that I recall. 

There's thousands of games, that's expected.  The chances that a QB or any player gets hurt and misses the rest of the game in said game are very low. I could give you 10 to 1 odds and win money going by the data given. That's fluky

Screenshot_20220416-230012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Steeler01

3 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

There's thousands of games, that's expected.  The chances that a QB or any player gets hurt and misses the rest of the game in said game are very low. I could give you 10 to 1 odds and win money going by the data given. That's fluky

Screenshot_20220416-230012_Samsung Internet.jpg

What’s expected?  

his injury didn’t keep him away from a game or practice for at least one day. 

Send me the link to this data.  Thanks 

Edited by Horsefly

On 4/16/2022 at 1:50 AM, Old_e said:

Wrong. It wasn't too long before the BA Aledo game that most Texans really believed their 5A teams were superior to top Cali competition. 

Like I have said many times times that Aledo team had massive issues leading to that game.

Fast forward to the end of the year D1 running back who won MVP in state game did not play vs Amat as he had nearly died over the summer.  Their other D1 skill kid got like 5 snaps in the game he was injured in their 1st game.

I was at the game it was way miss leading score!!

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Like I have said many times times that Aledo team had massive issues leading to that game.

Fast forward to the end of the year D1 running back who won MVP in state game did not play vs Amat as he had nearly died over the summer.  Their other D1 skill kid got like 5 snaps in the game he was injured in their 1st game.

A week earlier thy ended up beating the runner up from the other division(Cedar Park).  Who I said was a top 4A team at that time every year.  Good ole horse and you argued that for the entire season. 

Every week that year you told us how they'd get beaten in the playoffs. John Tyler was the team that was gonna do it.  That day came and the game was over by halftime.  

Edited by Steeler01

1 hour ago, 1Since71 said:

You say this nonsense every time Texas gets their ass kicked.There’s always an excuse ready 😂

how about you’re just not as good as you thought for once 

Of course the score was misleading,  the Texas team got their ass kicked

Edited by Steeler01
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

The QB won MVP honors in the state game, but Jess Anders didn't play.  I'm guessing you think he's a 35 point difference. The difference was the LOS. Aledo was killed upfront

Screenshot_20220417-093809_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 2 months later...